Fort Kent Facility
The Fort Kent Facility accepts AER-regulated solid and liquid oilfield waste, imported non-hazardous recyclable waste, and Alberta generated non-oilfield waste including process water, wash fluids and hydrovac slurries.
We’re doing things better by providing:
- A weigh-in scale located directly ahead of entrance gate;
- Nine drive-through off-loading stations to avoid long wait times;
- Wash cannons for safe and efficient cleaning of truck tanks;
- A second weigh scale prior to exiting, eliminating potentially dangerous 2-way traffic; and
- A site layout that ensures a truck never has to back up.
Wastewater is recycled in the facility process, and where possible, oil is recovered for transport to an appropriate location.
Waste Streams Accepted
AER Approval No. WM212
- Alberta generated oilfield waste, including:
- Produced and Waste Water
- Flowback and Completion Fluids
- Slop Oil
- Boiler Blowdown
- Drilling Mud
- Contaminated Soil and Sludges
- Green Cement
- Others, please enquire
- Alberta generated non-oilfield waste
- Imported hazardous recyclables
- Truck Flush
Located at the intersection of Highways 55 and 892, 20 km west of Cold Lake, the Ft Kent Facility can be easily accessed twelve months of the year, providing safe upstream and industrial waste disposal options.
The location of the Facility, in the heart of the Cold Lake Oilsands, will decrease trucking distances resulting in decreased wear and tear to local highways, decreased greenhouse gas emissions, and increased public safety.
Southwest corner of the intersection of Highways 892 and 55, approximately 20 km west of Cold Lake, Alberta.
From Cold Lake, drive 20 km west on Highway 55. Turn south on Highway 892 and the Facility is on the west side of the Highway.
From Bonnyville, drive 17 km east on Highway 659 to Highway 892. Turn north and drive another 21 km towards Highway 55. The Facility is on the west side of Highway 892, just before Highway 55.
Facility Manager: Clark Sittler
Facility Main Number: 587-792-0855
Please Note: * During Covid-19 restrictions, the Facility is open 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, unless otherwise required. Facility operators are on-call 24/7, and can change hours to suit customer needs.